A free unlimited VPN (virtual private network) is integrated in the Opera browser, which allows every user to hide your IP address, keep anonymity, access region-restricted websites and enhance privacy and security online.
How to enable free VPN in Opera browser?
It’s super easy to activate it, but you need to get the right Opera version to enjoy free and unlimited VPN.
For Windows user
- Get the Opera developer version browser for Windows from http://www.opera.com/computer/beta
- Go to the “Privacy and Security” section in “Settings” and enable VPN there.
- You will see a button that appears in the browser address field, and check whether the IP is exposed and review statistics for data used. If yes, congratulations! It’s free and unlimited to use.
For Mac user
- Download the developer version from this link http://www.opera.com/download/get/?partner=www&opsys=MacOS&product=Opera%20developer, then install it.
- Click the Opera menu, select “Preferences” and toggle the feature VPN on.
- Same step as Windows.
Encounter problems with the method above?
There is another way to get free VPN with any version, but the VPN service is not unlimited. The build-in VPN is provided by SurfEasy Inc., an Opera company based in Canada. So you just need to search SurfEasy and add the extension in your Opera browser.
With the extension method, you get tons of free data every month, and servers in 16 countries around the world (Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, UK, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Ukraine and USA).
Opera is not a mainstream one in the browser world, but this move is quite interesting and attractive for web surfers. Now, you don’t have to download VPN software or pay for VPN subscriptions to access blocked websites and to shield your browsing when on public Wi-Fi.