The Design Domain is getting popular, and you may have seen that some world’s hottest brands have already used .design extension, such as facebook.design, airbnb.design etc. Compared with .com and other conventional domains, .design domain offers designers and photographers a opportunity to shorten the URL and improve your branding.
The domain registrar, we.design, is providing free 1-year .design domains, but premium names are not included. It also includes one year of free email hosting, WHOIS privacy and SSL certificates. After the first year, the yearly renewal for the domain package is around $35.
How to get your free .design domain?
- Go to we.design and pick your .design domain name;
- Use coupon code JUSTDESIGN at checkout.
- Visit https://www.designernews.co/ and create a new account;
- Go to https://www.designernews.co/me/deals and you will see free .design domain name offer along with few other offers;
- Click “Claim deal” and register your domain.
Now you can use the new domain to build your own website and get your own unique email address. If you are not familiar with the web development, you can even use it as clever redirect to your portfolio site like Behance, GitHub.