Can you imagine a smartphone priced under $50? Blu R1 HD just made it. The R1 HD smartphone is made by BLU Products, starting at $49.99 on Amazon only.
The device has:
- 5-inch screen
- 8-megapixel rear camera with flash
- Aluminum body
- 3 GHz quad-core processor
- 8/16GB internal storage with 1/2GB RAM (two capacities) — 16GB version costs $60
- Up to 64GB with a microSD card
- GSM technology, so it will work with AT&T and T-Mobile
The retail price of R1 HD is $99.99, but BLU partnered with Amazon launches the Prime Exclusive version at half price. Although this version comes with the same specs as the original R1 HD, it is integrated with lock-screen ads from Amazon. For example, you will see Amazon’s deals, Kindle’s picks on the lock-screen, when you pick up the phone every time.
If you are cool with these ads, it is still an amazing smartphone at such a low price. Also, the R1 HD Prime Exclusive is only available for Amazon.com US account holders, working on T-Mobile or AT&T.